Sunday, September 28, 2008

Metaphors, Simile's and Cliche's



Wow. Look at the huge bow perched on my head like a pink flamingo. I can still remember the amount of hairspray and bobby pins that went into making it stay there. My costumes skirt puffed out around me in a cloud of pink cotton candy, overall giving me the look of a walking strawberry sundae. Even at the age of 4 I can still remember how nervous I was to dance in front of a crowd. I could swear my stomach was jumping up and down like an over excited toddler. At the end of the day everything turned out OK, and that ugly bow was FINALLY removed.

Looking at my nine year old self in this picture I think I've come a long way from the smiling pink blob above (lol). Though I'm smiling, inside I was shaking from the cold water, holding me tightly in it's icy fist. My small fingers gripped at the dolphins slippery skin, slippery as rubber coated in melted butter. My hair clung to my face like wet octopus tentacles, the suction cups stuck tight to my skin. After that picture was taken I was quickly pulled through the water by the energetic dolphin I was holding on to, but as was expected, I fell off and crashed down into the water :-)