Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Part 3: Code- Secret Life of Bees

1. How accurate were your predictions?
My predictions were basically all correct. I think the back of the book gave most of the story's outline away, and so it was fairly easy to make accurate predictions. I believe I only made one prediction that proved to be inaccurate.

2. Which predictions were very accurate?
I predicted that the book was fiction, and that the book was about a girl who runs away with her black "stand in" mother, when she insults three racists in town. They are later taken in by three black sisters who are beekeepers. I thought Lilly would learn a lot about herself and maybe more details about how her mother was killed, and who her mother was. This was all true because toward the end of the book Lily learns how her mother knew August, and the rest of the sisters, and how she left her with TRay.

3. Which predictions were less accurate? What were the differences between what you predicted and what actually happened?
One prediction that wasn't accurate was that I thought this book might be a hard book to read due to some of the vocabulary and the subject. I don't believe this was true, it was very easy for me to read this book and it all was very clear, and made sense.

1 comment:

Ms. Charlotte said...

I'm glad it was easy to read. Our next book may be more of challenge, but that's a good thing, right? :)

I like your Shelfari add on!